You can easily make your home a romantic place with these simple tricks
August 1, 2018
Modern home decor trends often emphasise minimalism. But what about those hopeless romantics who just can’t accept the trend in their homes?
Photo source French Country Cottage
Here are a few tips on how to decorate your home romantically. Light and fluttering fabrics, lace, white and pastel colours, flowers, ambient lighting, crystal chandeliers… All of those are elements that bring a romantic feel to a home. With a good combination of those elements, good colours and furniture, your home can look as good as its professionally decorated.
Unknown photo source
This type of style can be applied to any room but you can also choose just one room that could be your special leisure place. Living room is the ideal room for showing your home decorating skills. To create that romantic atmosphere, ideally, you would colour your walls white or beige. The curtains should be fluttering and other decorating elements should be patterned with lace and flowers.
Photo source www.kateforman.co.uk
For romantic elegance, a home needs more elegant fabrics like velvet, brocade and damask. For romantically rustic home the go-to fabrics are cotton and linen. A luxurious crystal chandelier is always a good choice that can’t go unnoticed when hanged over a dining table. You can also put some Shabby Chic furniture but don’t overdo it because it can look untasteful.
Photo source www.anthropologie.com
1. If you are a true romantic, then decorating your home in this warm style full of lightness is a perfect choice.
2. Avoid dark furniture. The furniture should be white, also adding a few pieces of furniture with simple ornaments will bring a perfect finish touch to the whole.
3. Be careful when adding small decorations. Avoid putting too many because otherwise, it could seem a bit kitsch.
4. Don’t forget to bring into your home some elegant dishes and tablecloths with flower patterns that give that romantic feel. Lighting up some candles is also super romantic!
5. Romance never goes out of fashion in real life, so the same applies to the interior design. If you like this style and you want to bring some change to your home, don’t think too much. Your friends and family, and of course you, will for sure enjoy the beauty of this style.